I discovered quinoa a few months ago and didn’t realize that you can even incorporate it into breakfast food. I got this recipe from the meal plans I signed up for at the beginning of the month, and still sticking to it. It really is helping me keep on track with eating healthier and plant based.
Now, I’ve given this a lot of thought, and decided that I don’t want to label myself as a specific type of eater. I just feel that I feel restricted by saying I’m a vegetarian, or a vegan… I know I aim to eat more plant based and as clean as possible. I am not a fan of processed foods and stay far away from them. Educating myself as I go has brought me to look at processed foods differently and away from them.
In reality, the only way to eat healthier and less processed is by cooking and baking food yourself, from scratch. As busy people, it can sound daunting, but in all honestly, if you want to do something good for yourself, you might as well think of it that way.
So here’s the recipe for Berry Berry Quinoa.
Berry Berry Quinoa
Serves 1 | Adapted from Happy Herbivore’s Get Meal Plans
- 1/4 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries (or any berries you like)
- 4-6 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works too)
- Mix the quinoa with 1/2 cup of water and combine the frozen berries
- Cover, bring to a boil and then reduce to low to simmer for 15 minutes
- When the quinoa is fluffy and the water has evaporated, it’s done.
- Combine strawberries, ground cinnamon and agave (or drizzle over top)
When it’s done, it looks like this:
It’s definitely filling and delicious! If you’ve had any other kind of quinoa breakfast dishes, let me know so I can try making it!!