I am absolutely a fan of browsing Pinterest for food ideas. I was browsing Pinterest on my iPhone as I was relaxing before going to bed and saw this recipe for Egg Avocado Salad. I haven’t had egg salad in forever, and the idea of adding avocado totally appealed to me because I love avocado on toast. So I had to try this out for myself. Luckily, it’s a very easy recipe and takes no time at all.
All it takes is some hard boiled eggs, a ripe avocado, mayo, lemon and salt and pepper. Add it to your favorite type of bread with some tomato, bacon (for a salty touch) and lettuce for a hearty sandwich that will keep you pretty satisfied for a while. As for my pregnant self, I had a smoothie with my sandwich so it still is holding me over for a little while longer. This baby seems to be always hungry!
Egg Avocado Salad Sandwich | Serves 4
- 4 hard boiled eggs (I boiled mine for about 15 minutes)
- 1 ripe haas avocado
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the eggs and when done, peel, and cut into chunks.
- In a separate bowl put the avocado and mash into a bowl.
- Add the eggs to the bowl of mashed avocado.
- Add the lemon juice, mayo and combine, then the salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to your favorite sandwich bread (I used multi-grain bread), with some sliced tomato, bacon (optional of course) and lettuce. Done!